- Put the herbs in a nylon stocking or a piece of cheesecloth. Tie the cloth to the water spout and let the warm water wash over them.
-Place the herbs in a pan of water and boil for ten minutes. Strain and add the decoction to your bath water.
- Make a large muslin herb bag to hold the herbs or tie the herbs in a wash cloth along with a bar of castile soap. Wash with the bag. This works well in showers too.
Mix the herbs ahead of time and use about 4 oz per bath.
Different herbs have different properties.
- comfrey -- healing and regenerative
- camomile - relaxing
- ginger -- relaxing for muscles
- lavender -- relaxing, aromatic, soothing for skin
- lemon thyme -- antiseptic, mildly deodorizing
- lemon and orange peel -- aromatic, stimulating and uplifting
- linden flowers -- relaxing
- patchouli -- regenerative
- peppermint -- aromatic, cooling, opens sinuses, refreshing
- rosemary --astringent, relaxing for muscles and our favorite of course!
- roses -- aromatic, moisturizing
- yarrow - astringent