Thursday, March 25, 2010

Old Spice Tins

Collections!
This assortment of spice tins represents only a very small portion of our mother's original collection. She loved old spice tins, and it gave us something to search for when we went to flea markets or yard sales. It was a guaranteed winner when given as a gift! Mom started collection spice tins when we could find them for 25 cents or 50 cents if they were really special. Now, you'll be lucky if you find them under $10.00! When it came time to pack up the old house full of collections, I requested a sampling of the old tins. The artist sister gathered the tins for me, looking at sizes, shapes, and colors of the tins so there would be a nice variety. In the end, I ended up with a collection of Cloves tins! They stand proudly in the kitchen, atop my spice chest, a reminder of days gone by.

3 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

I love spice tins and your collection of Clove tins is extra special coming from your mom.

Linda Jennings said...

I really like your spice tin collection and the way they are so nicely arranged!

Marlena said...

I collect old tins, too, mostly Watkins, as I remember the "Watkins Man" coming to the farm to sell his wares, along with the Fuller Brush man and "Daddy's shoe man" and the Vegtable Man who came to my grandmother's house - he had the best produce! I love your arrangement.