Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Phipps Conservatory ~ Chihuly Glass

During our recent visit to Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh, we were fortunate enough to see some of the remaining artwork from the Dale Chihuly exhibit held in 2007. Chihuly is an American glass sculptor and entrepreneur. This blown glass chandelier dominates the main entrance of the Phipps Conservatory. Chihuly's artwork is known worldwide, and a similar 30 ft. chandelier, installed in 2000, can be found in the main entrance of the Victoria & Albert museum in London.
The artwork featured in the Phipps Conservatory is a striking series of work, particularly when staged against the lush background of greenery.Stunning!


5 comments:

Martha said...

Isn't his glass wonderful? We try to see any and all exhibitions of his and they are so perfect in a conservatory!

seanymph said...

I saw his work when I was in Seattle. I love it! Such beautiful art, I wish I could own one. :)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

The people in the third photo are Frabel from when Phipps hosted the G8 summit not Chihuly.

Carol said...

I love art glass!!! I saw his work a couple of years ago and fell in love. If only I were a "RICH GIRL".

Marilyn Miller said...

I just love Chihuly's work. It is spectacular. What a treat to see in the garden.