Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Winnie-the-Pooh's Teatime Cookbook

This sweet little book was a last minute discovery while passing time in the Heathrow Airport in London.  It is a delightful cookbook (published in Great Britain in1996) that includes recipes for sandwiches, scones, muffins, and crumpets, cookies and biscuits, and cakes and pastries.  Perfect for a Proper Tea!
Delightful illustrations appear on every page and quotes from the works of A.A.Milne are found at the beginning of each chapter.



There is a brief history of tea and also instructions on how to prepare a proper pot of tea.  Young tea drinkers are advised to enjoy tea weakened with extra milk or simply try cocoa, cider or warm milk with honey as an alternative to tea.  Banana milk shakes are suggested for a cooler beverage option. Whatever you prefer, a Proper Tea in mid afternoon with some of Pooh's favorite sandwiches, scones, and cookies will make for an enjoyable treat!

8 comments:

Antiques And Teacups said...

How cute! I always seem to come back from the UK with at least 1 teatime cookbook. That is a special find! Winnie The Pooh and nursery tea as it's called in the UK was a childhood favorite of mine!
Ruth

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh how sweet! I didn't know there was a Winnie the Pooh tea book! I am going to have to find one like it.

parTea lady said...

I haven't added this book to my tea library yet. Thanks for the review.

Bernideen said...

This is an oldly - I used to sell it but believe it is still not available in the US. It is darling!

La Tea Dah said...

What a fun book! I'll see if I can find it --- as it sounds lovely to read!

Marilyn Miller said...

I always forget I have this book, but love it. Thanks for the reminder. I just love Pooh and Tigger too.

Angela McRae said...

Ooh, another tea book to add to my (always growing) wish list!

Hope said...

Delightful! Thanks for sharing this book. I will have to find a copy. Winnie the Pooh and tea is a winning combination.