Thursday, March 29, 2012

Craf-Tea Mice!

Take this collection of readily available ingredients, and turn it into this precious circle of chocolate mice.  We first enjoyed these little mice at The Corner Rose Tea Room in Orlando Florida.  She told us that these are her signature dessert, and she always includes them on her tea tray.  These are quick and easy to prepare and fun to serve.  Rather than serving them on a regular basis, I think they would be prefect for a Cinderella themed event, don't you agree?

To prepare, melt some of the semi sweet chocolate in a microwave safe cup.  Unwrap the Hershey's kisses, set aside.  Dip the Maraschino cherry (holding it by the stem) into the melted chocolate.  Place onto a wax paper covered tray with the stem turned upward.  Attach a Hershey's kiss to the chocolate covered cherry.  Gently slide two of the sliced almonds in between the kiss and the cherry.  Once you have a tray full of mice, chill in the fridge.  I added the eyes just before serving as the writing gel doesn't become firm and can easily smudge.

5 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Cute as can be! I love them!

Antiques And Teacups said...

Those are so cute! I had some at a Christmas party with the label "Not A Creature Was Stirring" attached. The buffet was all related to Clement Moore's 'Twas The Night Before Christmas. So cute!!!
Ruth

relevanttealeaf said...

I made them for a Nutcracker Tea sitting on a shortbread cookie wedge to resemble cheese. Sounds like there's lots of possibilities for these cute little critters.

Marilyn Miller said...

Haven't made them for a long time, but they were perfect for a baby shower I did years ago. Have served them at my Christmas tea a time or two. Everyone loves them, so cute.

Angela McRae said...

I never would have thought I'd agree that mice can be cute, but these are just adorable! And thanks for the tip about the gel, too. I would have been a smear-er for sure!