Monday, July 30, 2012

In the Middle Room

In the middle room of the tea room, this set of shelves graces one side of the wall, while the Hershey collection is gathered on a shelf that extends across the rest of the wall.  Whimsical teapots, several Cardew collectible tea pots, the mystery writers desk and the vintage sewing machine (both marked Cardew Design, Made in England), and other fun teapot shapes and designs are tucked on these shelves.  There is a small collection of children's teapots, and a few fairy themed pots also.  Lots of detail and design to discover while standing in front of the shelf.
 In addition to tea, we love chocolate, too!  Antique candy molds and Hershey memorabilia round out the very top shelf.  Assorted cocoa tins complete the collection.

This colorful vignette features Alice in Wonderland.  The large and small teapots, both colorful and cheerful,marked as Cardew Classics were designed in England but crafted in China and Indonesia. The sweet little teacups and saucers, packaged in the round Alice's Teaparty Tea Set box, were purchased at Tuesday Morning, an eclectic shop that routinely changes inventory.  I can always find something to purchase when I stop there!

6 comments:

relevanttealeaf said...

Very lovely displays, Nancy! A visual pleasure for your guests, for sure!

Marilyn Miller said...

Love seeing your collections. I use to have a Hershey tray like your tray, but not sure I have it anymore. I think I have the Hershey cookbook though. Now I really should stop by Tuesday Morning once in the while, thanks for the encouragement or is it the temptation.

Antiques And Teacups said...

Another shop I don't have close. LOVE Cardew, and the tea room is wonderful! How fun to have so many great tea items! Makes it hard to choose what to use, doesn't it???!
Ruth

susanalbert said...

China and Ruby would love to come for a visit, but since they can't, they're sending best wishes. Lovely rearrangements!

Angela McRae said...

What fun displays! And just reading the word "Hershey" makes me want some, somehow ...

Marlena said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. I have a collection of antique tins on top of my big dining room cupboard.