Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Outside the Cup

This trio of mints from Minteas.com were tucked in my Christmas stocking.  Fun little tea leaf shaped hard candies, all touting specific benefits such as relaxation, fitness or simply to stay well, demonstrate how the tea leaf has jumped from the cup to other products to enjoy its healthful benefits.  If you look around, you'll discover green tea is in many things from shampoo to soap to candy.
This colorful package of Japanese green tea candies was another gift from my pen pal.  Individually wrapped candies, I can enjoy the unique flavor of matcha while on the go.

4 comments:

Angela McRae said...

I have seen the leaf-shaped tins but not the individual packets. Those would be great for gift-giving--as you just learned!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Can't have mint tea anymore.:( Did have a cup of your wonderful Chai tea! Better than Fortnum & Mason's!

Steph said...

I am very intrigued how matcha-chai translates into a mint! Do tell...

Marilyn Miller said...

It is amazing all the places tea pops up. The little matcha packages look familiar, I think I must have gotten samples when I attended the World Tea Expo. The mints I have tasted and they are quite nice.