Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Wild Plum Tea Room Coookbook

Typically, a souvenir I will purchase while on vacation is a cookbook. It's always fun to add a new cookbook to the ever-growing collection, and it's a great way to remember the family vacation. When I visited the Wild Plum Tea Room website, they noted that their cookbook is currently only available in the tea room, and not on-line. I knew in advance that this would become my souvenir when we made our visit to the Wild Plum.

Recipes We Use is a variety of recipes featuring soups, salads, sandwiches, desserts, and specialties.  The recipe for the Sherried Tomato Bisque that Susanna enjoyed is included in the collection. And, I've already tried the Chocolate Chip Pie which we served at our Volunteer Gardener Night shortly after we returned from vacation. My notes, which I always scribble in the margin beside the recipe, state 'good - gooey - rich'. And it was.

This is a fun addition to the collection! The smaller cookbook also from the Wild Plum, features a variety of their Christmas recipes.

2 comments:

Angela McRae said...

I have this cookbook too so I will have to try this pie. And I like your idea of making notes right in the cookbook!

Marilyn Miller said...

Cook books from tearooms is a fun thing to collect when traveling. They don't take up much room and they bring back memories each time you use it.