Saturday, April 25, 2015

Wacky Windchimes

The newest addition to the collection of garden art is this cleverly designed Wacky Windchime crafted by Sandy, a self proclaimed packrat. Entitled 'Flo's Tea', it is created from a collection of treasures including several items that originally belonged to Sandy's Aunt Flo.

Having discovered Sandy's Wacky Windchimes page on Facebook, and after contacting her regarding a custom designed tea themed windchime, she quickly shared photos of two possible tea kettles that could be transformed into a windchime. Both were fun kettles, so I let her select the one she wanted to work with and which worked best with the treasures she had on hand. The end result is simply perfect in our garden.

The whimsical beading compliments the windchime, and the clatter when the treasures clink together in the breeze is pleasant. Sandy was very prompt with my request. Creating, crafting, and shipping the wind chime were all completed in short order. Thank you, Sandy!

5 comments:

Antiques And Teacups said...

Very fun! I have seen a lot of versions of this and love them!

Steph said...

Oh, it's perfect!

Linda Jennings said...

I love the wacky wind chimes.

Angela McRae said...

I love your Wacky Windchime, and I also love that they worked with you on designing it. Cool!

Marilyn Miller said...

This is just perfect for sure! I love it!