Friday, January 20, 2017

Showcasing the Black Teacup Collection

Gathering together the black teacups that I have in my collection, I was surprised to see the variety that I have. Since the majority of the teacups used in the tea room are either pink, yellow, or green, most of these sets are stowed safely in a cupboard.
This Royal Albert bone china tea cup from England is on display in the tea room. It is clearly marked on the bottom of the saucer and the cup. There is an elegance with the solid black saucer and the rich black and mauve roses circling the cup.

Found in another section of the tea room is this tea cup set with a slightly more modern design. The iridescent saucer sparkles, and the black and white swirl is replicated in both the saucer and the tea cup. There is no marking on this elegant and sophisticated cup.

These two pretty tea cups have matching designs on the saucer and cup. It's always a treat to finish drinking your tea and have the beautiful floral design to admire. The cup and saucer on the left is marked 'Made in Japan' while the set on the right is stamped Royal Sealy China, Japan.

And finally, this cup and saucer set was part of the original collection that was given to me from my mother shortly after the tea room opened. Mom was happy to pass her collection to me as she was thrilled to have more space in her cupboards to continue collecting!


6 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Beautiful!

I love the black tea cups. I have one with a snack type saucer rather than a traditional saucer. I want to collect a few more!

Bernideen said...

What a fabulous collection! Totally amazing!

relevanttealeaf said...

I loved seeing your collection of black and white teacups, Nancy. They're beautiful! As you may recall from our trip to Mackinac Island, I'm now limiting myself to collecting only black and white teacups, so I found this post particularly interesting and special.

Margie said...

What a great collection! My favourite is the swirly teacup with cute little feet. I've always had a soft spot for black teacups.

Marilyn Miller said...

I think black teacups are so sophisticated looking. I love your collection.

Antiques And Teacups said...

They are fun to collect, and folks tend to love'em or hate'em! I have a few too, and you have some lovely ones!
Ruth