Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Traveling Teapot

During the month of August, we participated in the Traveling Teapot exchange.This purely functional blue teapot is criss-crossing the United States with purpose, celebrating the joy of taking tea and sharing friendships while introducing others to the delights of tea. Begun in January of this year, the teapot has already traveled a distance, I'm aware of its journey from Kentucky to Pennsylvania and then it was sent to Oregon. I know it spent some time in Michigan, Georgia, and South Carolina. Instructions are included in the box along with a journal for photographs and notes about the experience. The main purpose is to share teatime. I took this opportunity to celebrate the beginning of the new school year with my niece and nephew and fellow neighborhood kids. They sat around the picnic table and enjoyed some flavored black tea, chocolate caramel turtle. Scones, fruit, sandwiches, and little desserts completed the tea tray... and an afternoon of taking tea in the summer sun was enjoyed by all. As the tea party continued, more kids arrived, and cups were filled with tea.
Shortly thereafter, it was back to running, jumping and playing in the garden with the endless energy of youth.

7 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

How fun to see the traveling teapot being enjoyed in the garden. It has enjoyed the visit here in Oregon and now is on it's way to Washington.

my cup of tea said...

I am interested in starting a traveling teapot and was wondering what kind of instructions are included in the box? Are there any rules? I have been thinking about this for a long time and have seen a couple of posts about it lately, I am thinking I would love to get this going. Any tips?
Thanks,
Donna

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

That is the sweetest thing!!! Thank you for sharing that! I think I'll go and have a cup!
~Nancy

Martha said...

What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing!

Linda Jennings said...

I just love the tea in the garden with the children for the traveling teapot. That teapot certainly will have a lot of stories to tell.

parTea lady said...

What lovely pictures of the children enjoying tea in the garden.

Boy, would I ever like to see that journal when the teapot is through traveling.

Bernideen said...

How perfectly lovely for children - they learn so much!