Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Herbs in the Cookie Jar

Years ago, 1995 to be exact, my mother Bertha Reppert, herbalist extraordinaire, and I (Nancy) compiled an article for The Herb Companion. Mom wrote the verbiage and I provided the assorted herbal recipes which the editor subsequently titled "Herbs in the Cookie Jar". Dear friend, Valerie, recently alerted me to the on-line presence of this article. You can find recipes for Nancy's Mint Cookies, Sweet Remembrances Enchantmint Brownies, Saffron Cookies, Rosemary Shortbread and many more if you visit The Herb Companion . What fun to see a reprise of this long ago combined mother/daughter effort!

5 comments:

Valerie Zagami said...

I was thrilled to see this article and even more thrilled that it surprised you. We all need a nice surprise!! Thoroughly enjoyed the article and the recipes will be tried this winter... Great family memories. Valerie

Marilyn Miller said...

I have bookmarked the articles and can't wait to go back and check out each and every recipe.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Really a great article and recipes, Nancy!

Steph said...

Sounds yummy! We have a very healthy rosemary bush. ;-) Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Bernideen said...

I always look forward to viewing your blog!