Monday, February 13, 2012

A Valentine's Day Tea

A Valentine's Day celebration took place in Sweet Remembrances on Sunday.  To set the scene, the tables were decked out in red, white, and hearts.
First course, Mixed Salad Greens, Strawberries, and a Poppyseed Dressing.
The sandwich plate featured Blue Cheese, Walnut & Pear Triangle, a Cucumber Sandwich on Whole Wheat with Cranberry Hearts, Chicken Salad topped with Petite Hearts, a Zesty Mixed Cheese Sandwich, and Chocolate Bread with an Orange Cream Filling.

Oven fresh scones included Traditional English Cream and heart shaped Lemon Pecan, served with fresh fruit, mock clotted cream, lemon curd, and raspberry preserves.

The dessert trio included a chocolate dipped shortbread cookie, petite French Silk Pie, and a Razzleberry Cream Tartlet. Happy Valentine's Day!

7 comments:

relevanttealeaf said...

What a wonderful Valentine's Tea, Nancy! Everything looks delicious and your tables are so beautifully set. It brings back wonderful memories of my visit a few years back.

Elizabeth said...

I just discovered this blog and so happy I did! I love giving Tea Parties for my Grandchildren and friends, Elizabeth

Gwen said...

Another lovely tea as only you can do!! You truly are a food artist!!

Anonymous said...

Looks brilliant. The hostess of a lovely local bed and breakfast was 'The' go to place for a proper Tea here but the place closed two monthes ago. I sure wish you ladies were closer. Anyway, I love your blog.

Karen's Place said...

It all looks so inviting. Happy Valentines to you and yours.

Marilyn Miller said...

I just ate, but I certainly could sit at this tea table and enjoy every bite. It looks totally delicious.

Angela McRae said...

MMM ... wish I'd been able to dine with you rather than at the hipster place I chose this week. ;)