Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bountiful Breakfast Buffet

We recently enjoyed some vacation time in Cancun, Mexico at an all-inclusive resort (12 of us in all, from the Brill family side). As I was making my breakfast selection on the first morning, these beautifully carved watermelons caught my eye.
Adding height and design to the breakfast buffet, it was fun to admire the artistry required to create these carvings. It wasn't until I saw the sprigs of rosemary poking out of this last watermelon that I realized I needed to take pictures of these fun creations.Once the pictures were taken, it was time to decide what I should put on my plate, no easy feat there either. Fortunately, everything was well labeled in Spanish and English.This Brazo Reyna was interesting, unusual, pretty, and tasty.There was a wide variety of breakfast foods, something for everyone, including omelets, waffles, fruits and more. One morning, I enjoyed a glass of Watermelon Juice with Hibiscus which was such a pretty rosy color with a predominant watermelon flavor. Alas, I regret I didn't try the Green Drink with a parsley base. Too many choices and not enough time to take photographs of everything!

4 comments:

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Don't you hate when that happens! I always think about the photo after I have taken a bite or it's gone! Like that watermelon. I think you should be practicing, Nancy!

Linda Jennings said...

What a fun and beautiful breakfast buffet!

Marilyn Miller said...

The buffet does look delicious. The watermelon are so beautiful~ I can see why you would want to photograph them, I would too.

Angela McRae said...

How fun to try all these pretty and new foods on a family vacation! Love the thought of the watermelon juice. And those carved watermelons ... amazing!