Monday, October 8, 2012

Cups and Chairs

Our drive around Philadelphia took us to Cups and Chairs, a tea cafe located at 701-03 S. 5th Street.  They are a contemporary tea lounge offering over 55 varieties of teas and tisanes, and a place to relax with casual dining inside or out. In addition, they offer salads, paninis, soups, sandwiches, and pastries.  There are several seating areas, and people were nestled into all of them, studying, surfing the Internet, or just enjoying some quiet time, all with their preferred beverage.


This wide selection of teas offers a chance to read the various blends making your decision a bit easier, or not.  With over 55 choices, it was difficult!  People were popping in and out, stopping to sip and chat, or taking their tea 'to go', it is definitely a popular place!
A Little Hideaway
Tea Wares for Sale

7 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Very nice. I really enjoy this type of tea room. It's casual, yet upscale, and sons, brothers, and husbands feel comfortable there. I love the more elegant style as well, but am thankful for variety in tea options. Looks like a nice place. Thanks for sharing.

relevanttealeaf said...

How fun to see different styles of tea rooms. I like them all. Thanks for sharing!

Angela McRae said...

Much as I love tea rooms, I do think I would enjoy a tea lounge like this as well. Sometimes it gets too chatty at the office and I go to a local coffee shop to work or write. This place would be perfect!

Anonymous said...

I just added your web page to my bookmarks. I enjoy reading your posts. Thank you!

Marilyn Miller said...

What a perfect place to meet a friend just for a cup of tea and a chat. I love seeing a variety of tea shops.

Steph said...

Great name!

Antiques And Teacups said...

That looks like a fun place! Thanks for the great photos...wish I were closer...Sigh...
Ruth