Saturday, March 28, 2020

Red Thunder Ruby - TeaGardenia

Having recently treated myself to a selection of teas shipped directly from TeaGardenia in India, I've been enjoying an assortment of fresh flavorful tea and am quite happy to have this variety of teas to sip and savor while quietly waiting out the storm. The three large packets were the teas I ordered, while the two smaller packets were samples that Praveen tucked into the box. They boast 'creating tea moments for you', and 'Bringing exotic teas from the mountains to your doorstep'.


Each packet of tea includes the name of the tea, describes the aroma and the palate, plus recommended instructions per cup. According to the package, the Red Thunder Ruby, an oolong tea from the Gopaldhara tea estate features an aroma that is woody, with a hint of spices while the palate is described as having notes of wood and a hint of earthy and spices. A 4 minute steep at 85 Celsius with 2.5 grams of leaf in 180 ml water is recommended. Well - I did my best with those instructions, and brewed a tastefully smooth mug of tea. This Red Thunder Ruby tea has become my 'go to' tea in the morning, and easily adapts to a second steeping using the same leaves.

Service from India was very personalized and prompt. Praveen kept me informed of the package location almost daily. Check out their Facebook page or visit their Website.



2 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

Glad you got some good teas from Praveen. He seems to carry some good ones. I buy from someone else, but similar good teas. I just ordered from springtime treat, but it will be awhile before it comes to my home. I will look forward to receiving it late April. There are some good teas coming from India.

Angela McRae said...

How smart of you to have ordered some new teas in time for the coming days. I've been taking stock of what's in the pantry and thinking I need to place an order. Thanks for the recommendations!