
We recently enjoyed Millionaire Shortbread while vacationing in Scotland. This delicious buttery shortbread kicked up a notch layered with creamy caramel and topped with decadent chocolate is a staple in any respectable cafe, bakery, or tearoom. We sampled a lovely variety of this traybake at various cafes.

This bakery case labeled it as a caramel traybake, and I was eager to try it, along with a few other sweet treats as noted in the picture above. The first tasting was in Aberdeen at the cafe at the Duthie Park Winter Gardens where we explored the grounds, and the impressive tropical and arid greenhouses.

This collection of sweets included millionaire shortbread discovered at the Stirling Highland Games where they had a row of specialty vendors. The line for these treats was quite long!

This was a quick grocery store run in Nairn as we were on a bus tour with limited time for lunch. We grabbed sandwiches, drinks, and I spotted the bakery counter where I ordered the Snowballs and two round millionaire shortbread cookies. Just know that I wish I had ordered four of the shortbread and skipped the snowballs since the kids opted for the shortbread leaving the snowballs to the adults who really wanted the shortbread, too!
Angelica sums up Millionaire Shortbread with one word, 'delicious'. We'll share a recipe with our next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment