Sunday, May 4, 2014

Edible Violets

We love this time of the year - when the springtime violets are in full bloom. They offer such a magical touch of whimsy and color to a plate of sandwiches. We served these Puff Pastry Cucumber & Radish Sandwiches with a Goat Cheese filling at our First Saturday in May Tea. A bit of the goat cheese, seasoned with horseradish and green onion, was also spread on the top of the puff pastry so the violets would stay in place.
A sprinkling of freshly snipped parsley completed the sandwich.
Such fun, and so colorful. We love bringing the garden indoors!



5 comments:

nycstylelittlecannoli said...

looks lovely Hope you have a most fabulous week coming up They look too pretty to eat!!

http://www.nycstylelittlecannoli.com/

Marilyn Miller said...

Beautiful sandwiches, made all the more beautiful with violets. I wish we could have violets all year round, just so we could make each day more beautiful!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

So pretty, sound delicious too! I love violets, haven't seen the fresh ones in years (I live in FL.) They used to grow in my parents yard and I loved picking them when I was a child!

Katherine

Linda Jennings said...

Oh my! This is so beautiful!

Angela McRae said...

These sandwiches look absolutely regal with the violets on them!