Sunday, July 1, 2012

Primitive Skills - MAPS

Years ago when The Clan of the Cave Bear books came out I read them with great interest, with all the mention of the herbs used and the developments of the peoples.   
For years I remember The Rosemary House sold (and I own) the complete set of The Foxfire Book series.  The Foxfire books cover everything from faith healing to fire starting to log cabin building to moon shining.    Fast forward . . .two and a half decades . . . . . .   Over Memorial day weekend this year, our dear friends invited us on a weekend adventure to the Mid-Atlantic Primitive Skills Gathering were we learned pottery, beer brewing, cordage making, bark basketry, finger weaving, atlatl making and much more.   Activities of interest for everyone in our "clan".

3 comments:

Carol said...

That sounds like a very fun event to attend!!! I've always wanted to learn primitive pottery.

Angela McRae said...

How fun--I think you can never have too many old-fashioned skills!

Marilyn Miller said...

I would love this gathering. Have all of the books mentioned here. Once thought it would be great to live in a historic reproduction village and demonstrate so many of these skills. You remind me of the dreams I had as a much younger adult.