Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cookie Cutters - Organized

A box full of cookie cutters can be fun to rustle through... but annoying if you are in a hurry and looking for a specific cutter and are forced to pick up each cutter until you find the one you want.  So, one afternoon, I decided to organize the box of cutters.  Dumping the box, I grouped them into certain categories, depending on how I use them, specific holidays, animals, teacups, fairies, etc.  With two sizes of Ziploc baggies, I labeled the appropriate bag and placed the categorized cutters in either large or small bags, letting the cutters rest flat.  With the exception of a few categories, Christmas for example, most of the bags can be placed flat and I can see at a glance what is in the bag.  The Christmas bag has the largest collection, but now they are all in one bag.  I no longer need to toss aside teacups or fall leaves to find the holiday assortment.  I simply grab the labeled Ziploc bag, and leave all the other cutters in the box.  It's a system that works for me.  Finally.

10 comments:

Martha said...

How clever! I may have to do that as well. I finally did take my Christmas cutters out of the box and stored them with my Christmas stuff -- I only need them at Christmas!

relevanttealeaf said...

Now that's a plan that works! I may have to copy you. Thanks for sharing.

Linda Jennings said...

That's a lot of cookie cutters! Great way to organize them.

La Tea Dah said...

Great idea! Ziplocs are wonderful for many things!

Angela McRae said...

Ahh, I can see you've been spying on the junky drawer with all my cookie cutters! (But what a great idea for organization! Thanks!)

GardenOfDaisies said...

Sounds like a perfect way to organize the cookie cutters! All of mine fit into one gallon size baggie, so I don't have to worry about it too much. There used to be more, but daughter took a bunch of them with her. And I am just glad they are being used by someone who really enjoys them.

Marilyn Miller said...

Now that is organization. I have most of mine in a basket and for some reason love digging through the basket to find what I need. Often I will see one I forgot I had. Now I just bought a cute vintage duck cutter to make cookies with my grandson, but my daughter says "no cookies". I guess I will have him make cookies for me, laughing!

Bernideen said...

I did this very same thing after Christmas last year - the same way - zip lock bags and magic marker - we must be alike!

Julie J. said...

You could make thin brownies or a this sheet cake and use the duck cutter to have duck shaped brownies or little duck shaped cakes.

Unknown said...

You could always Cutout cinnamon ornaments