Friday, December 12, 2008

Nutmeg Grater Collection

Freshly grated nutmeg is the absolute best! Just a little nutmeg grated on a pie fresh out of the oven ~oh my. I'm starting to drool just thinking about it. These two little graters are available in The Rosemary House for a modest investment. We sell 'em tied with a perky bow and a nutmeg. I love the ceramic grater the best because it doesn't hurt your fingers as you grate with it and you can use it for nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger too. Our mother collected everything, including these charming nutmeg graters from days gone by! This is just a small sampling of her nutmeg grater collection. These finger saving graters are my favorites. The one is clearly labeled: Patented June 7, 1907. More little tin graters. I love the one that clamps onto your kitchen counter. And the little tin box on the right both stores nutmeg and slides up and down the grater, more finger protection......do I sound like I've grated my fingers once too often?


One year for Thanksgiving we each had a unique nutmeg grater as part of our place settings at the table. The scent of freshly grated nutmegs wafted thru the air as we all grated our own nutmeg on our desserts.





3 comments:

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

You two have too much fun!

Marilyn Miller said...

The nutmeg graters a fun to see. I only use freshly grated nutmeg and love it.

Anonymous said...

I come from china ,and i often use ceramic grater , now my conpany sells them , BEIJING YIHE SUN-SKY INTERNATIONAL TRADE CO.,LTD and my e-mail is yhht2008@yahoo.com.cn