Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fresh Fruit Anyone?

A beautiful plate of fresh fruit is delightful to serve and enjoyed by many. We like to serve the fruit with marshmallow cream. One of Angelica's favorites, this is an easy recipe, and a sweet addition to the fruit.
Marshmallow Cream
1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 small jar Marshmallow Fluff
fresh zest of an orange

Combine cream cheese, marshmallow, and fresh orange zest until blended. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with assorted washed and cut fruits. Note: to enhance the natural sweetness of the fruit, it is best to serve the fruit at room temperature.

This marshmallow cream would also make a great accompaniment to our Traditional English Cream Scones.

8 comments:

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Angelica is a lucky girl and oh my, traditional English cream scones! To die for! Maybe I should come for a visit while The Herbal Husband is gone! Wish I could! He would be upset if he knew I was even thinking it! Better not!

Time Traveling in Costume said...

My Mom used to make that marshmellow cream and serve it w/ fruit too, saying we were having a healthy snack. LOL!!
But boy was it addicting!!!
Val

Linda Jennings said...

I could go for some of that beautiful fruit this morning!

Marilyn Miller said...

Yummmmm! Love fruit and anything. The marshmellow cream would be good.

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

Your fruit always looks so delicious! Our strawberries here at the grocers are hard as rocks! Can't wait for my own from my garden!! I love that fruit dip though, isn't it the best; my mom used to make that for us.
Donna

PeggyR said...

That fruit looks so good. We ate breakfast out earlier in the week and I had a piece of cantalope that was so hard! So I can't wait until summer for all the fresh stuff from the area.

Bernideen said...

thank you for sharing this fabulous recipe and photo!

parTea lady said...

That looks so good. I'd like to try the marshmallow cream. Thanks for the recipe.