Saturday, July 28, 2012

House Cleaning!

This past week, everything came down off the shelves.  Everything.  Years ago, these beautiful oak shelves were constructed by my father.  He built the shelves that line two separate walls in the tea room, plus the oak surround on the fireplace.  He was very proud of his handiwork, (and indeed he should be) and I'm fortunate to reap the benefits as they provide excellent housing for all my tea  themed stuff!  But, it all came down for house cleaning!
I loaded the tearoom tables with stuff, piled high.  Years and years of accumulated treasures.  We eliminated some things that didn't really pertain to tea and no longer had a purpose.  And we rearranged everything.

There's a new look in the tea room.  Still a lot of stuff, really, fewer things, but still a lot!  Over the next few days, I'll share some of the pretty new vignettes that grace these beautiful oak shelves.

7 comments:

Linda Jennings said...

Oh, wow! I know from seeing those shelves, that you have a lot of tea stuff! Can't wait to see the new look!

relevanttealeaf said...

It was a huge project to remove everything, but wasn't it a good feeling and sense of accomplishment when everything was rearranged and the task was done. That's how I always feel when I've tackled a big project. I can invision you sitting at one of your tables, sipping a cup of tea while admiring the new placement of all your tea treasures.

GardenOfDaisies said...

This is one of those big jobs that you don't look forward to, but you feel soooo good about after you finish. Hooray for sparkling clean and beautifully decorated rooms!!

Marilyn Miller said...

What a project! Looking forward to seeing the results! I am sure it will be beautiful in a new way.

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

I feel tired for you already! I hope that everything went smoothly! When you're finished there; can you stop by here!? (SMILES)

Angela McRae said...

Since I'm reading these posts "backwards" today, I now know where all these pretties ended up, but I have to tell you, the "Before" photos look like my fantasy yard sale!

Sylvia Fry said...

Love all the details of the project! I had no idea your dad made the shelves - that's so special and cool! Scott and I are looking forward to tea in the new setting.
;-)