Wednesday, December 5, 2007

You Better Watch Out.....

.......Santa Claus is coming to town... and here's a peek at a few of the Santa decorations that adorn the tea room this holiday season. The culinary Santa collection is just inside the main doorway, greeting you upon arrival. And on occasion, there are even delicious fragrances wafting from the kitchen that you might just believe Santa was quite busy himself, baking a batch of those gingerbread boys and girls or perhaps a spiced plum pudding. The other grouping of Santas is perched high on a shelf in the main room. When we were getting the tea room ready to open, my father made several narrow shelves that sit above the doorways and are perfect for displaying special collections. This particular shelf changes with the holidays, or it can also be found filled with a collection of ornamental teapots. The perky stuffed Santa with the fuzzy beard and dressed in a red flannel outfit is one that I stitched in my teenage years! He has seen many a holiday, and I chuckle when I see him, as he magically transports me to my youth. Even though his beard is thinning and his buttons are popping off, he stirs memories that are quite special. He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.

No comments: