Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Today is my Mother's Best Friend's birthday and this past weekend our families gathered at her daughter's home and celebrated this joyous occasion. It was a festive celebration, complete with a cake full of roses. My Mother and Missy K. first met in New Jersey in the 1950's. They developed their friendship over coffee, thru Garden Club, and during the school years, even coordinating memorable family vacations at a beach house in New Jersey. They maintained this friendship over the years and across the miles as we eventually moved to PA when my father was transferred here, and they later moved to DC. There were many road trips between households. Long distance phone bills were never questioned by husbands, merely accepted. Although separated by many miles, our families have grown up together, her children have married and now have their own families, and yet we still gather as if the years have stood still. I wish you a very Happy Birthday Missy K! You were such an important part of my Mother's life, and for that, I know my sisters and I are all grateful as you have graced our lives with many blessings and taught us the value of true friendship.

No comments: