Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tea cup Thursday

Today's tea cup features one of the few cups I have from Ireland. It is marked on the bottom Royal Tara, Fine Bone China, Made in Ireland. The delicate strings of three leaf clovers swirl around the saucer and up and down the ruffled tea cup. Celebrating St. Patrick's Day, the mint frosted brownies complement the tea cup with three leaf clovers using the same mint frosting that is underneath the chocolate icing.

We are happy to join Miss Spenser and others for Tea cup Thursday!

8 comments:

Antiques And Teacups said...

I love the teacup...not too many Irish potteries! And the brownies...well, maybe it's breakfast time for me, but I wouldn't mind one of those!!!
Ruth

Angela McRae said...

Oh, how lovely! I have only one "newish" St. Patrick's Day teacup so I am always on the lookout for a pretty vintage one. Your mint brownies look great, and the green tea towel is perfect too! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Lady Linda said...

Oh yes, a cuppa and a mint brownie! Perfect!
♣ Happy St. Patty's Day.
Linda

Marilyn Miller said...

That is a gorgeous teacup and I love seeing your brownies too. Yummm! I am tempted to make them myself, they look so good.

amherstrose said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

A beautiful cup, to be sure!
I am enjoying my Irish Breakfast Tea in a sweet Belleek cup and saucer in the shamrock pattern which was a gift from two lovely Irish ladies who share my love of tea time. Our tea treat today will be Blarney Stone Cookies - a thumbprint cookie with a Hershey's Bailey's Irish Cream Kiss placed in the middle. Can't wait for teatime! Wish I had one of those brownies too.

Mary Jane

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

So pretty Nancy...SOMEDAY I am going to have me a shamrock teacup!! The brownies...those are my favorites!!! YUMMM

Donna

Linda Jennings said...

I love your Royal Tara teacup! And, the mint frosted brownies are just too cute with the shamrock topper!

Steph said...

I agree with Linda - it's all so lovely and festive!