Monday, April 22, 2013

Herb Garden Labels

 Labeling your herb garden is sooo important.  It is like wearing a name tag at the meeting, you know your name but the others who visit you may not.  Over the years we have seen a variety of creative labels.  Above are cute watering cans stakes that were turned into labels.  I have seen the same done with a teapot shape for a herb tea garden. 
This is a homemade wooden stake that was painted white and the name is printed on with a thick Sharpie brand marker.  The boards can be cut to varying heights so that the tall ones can be used with tall dill or fennel plants and thyme can have a shorter label.   If you don't have access to wood boards, white mini-blinds can be recycled and used as a plastic label and again cut to varying heights. 
 Roofing slate, Rocks,  wood stakes,  pottery pieces the choices are endless. 
 
This pottery style is what we sell in The Rosemary House.  With over 75 names available it is easy to label your whole garden with these pretty labels. 
This charming label below was used to decorate a children's garden in a community garden. 
Of Course, this is the ultimate label, with lots of information.

3 comments:

Steph said...

I love all of these ideas!

Marilyn Miller said...

I always say we need to label, especially the herb garden. We do have a brick that says "TEA" laying next to our tea plants. I even thought of taking old spoons and imprinting them with the herb names, but so far nothing has been done. I guess my live-in gardener needs to get some ideas here.

relevanttealeaf said...

I wish I lived near you. I would so like to plant an herb garden. Perhaps I'll do some investigating to see if there's a place in my area who can give assistance on growing herbs.