Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Something new!

Something new has been added to the tea room shelves!  Can you spot it?













Good things come in pretty packages... and this pretty tea and gardening themed wrapping paper held a special hostess gift for us.  Friends of the family joined us for Easter dinner this past weekend, and in addition to a rather tasty blackberry dessert wine, a hand crafted treasure was gifted to us as well.













This lovely framed, one-of-a-kind picture fits perfectly in the tea room.  Handcrafted using a colorful assortment of vintage buttons to spell out the word T.E.A., it is a fun addition to the collection.  Thank you so much to D. and R. for your thoughtfulness.  We treasure your friendship and all that you have done for our family over the years.

7 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Yes! I spotted it --- and it is lovely! I love buttons, and combining them with tea is a great idea!

I love your tea room shelves! So very inviting!

Bernideen said...

Now isn't that sweet!

relevanttealeaf said...

What a thoughtful and cherished hostess gift. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter Sunday!

Karen's Place said...

My eyes went right to the sign.... very sweet gift.

Marilyn Miller said...

I love the creative hostess gift. What a fun project. I did notice it right away too.

Angela McRae said...

Now much as I love to craft, WHY have I never thought to spell TEA with my butttons? Note to self: Duh!

parTea lady said...

Yes, that was a lovely gift. I may have to try something similar using paper instead of buttons.