Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Spice & Tea Exchange

Springtime in DC - it was a fabulous day - even in the rain!

Our final destination was a quick stop at The Spice & Tea Exchange in Georgetown where we could purchase a nice assortment of spices and teas. This spice shop is a franchise business with approx. 25 shops located throughout the United States. We had the opportunity to visit one of these shops in Mystic, CT last summer and again during this trip to DC. At both locations we managed to find a few spice blends and flavorful salts and rice mixtures to bring home to spice up our life and add a few new culinary flavors to our well stocked kitchen spices. This is a fun stop for any foodie.



There were a few dips to sample, and they had some teas brewed to try. This was a pleasant stop before we headed home, pushing through the DC rush hour traffic in the capable hands of our skilled bus driver, happy to leave the driving to someone else!

3 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

I know I would like this place. Spices and tea, what's not to like. I bet it smelled delicious.

Angela McRae said...

I went to one of these shops in Asheville, N.C. in the fall, and it was the scent that made me stop! It wasn't until I looked up at the sign to see what the name was that I realized they carried tea as well.

Steph said...

There's one up this way, too!