Thursday, June 26, 2014

Mixed Salad Greens with Strawberries

Fresh local strawberries are in season! It's a favorite time of the year around here - there's so much you can do with fresh strawberries, from salsa to salads to shortcake or lemonade. Oh yes!

Can you spot the straw-bear-y?
Mixed Salad Greens with Strawberries
1 lb assorted salad greens
1 pint strawberries, sliced

Dressing:
1 C sugar
4 Tbsp sesame seeds
2 Tbsp poppy seeds
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 C oil
1/2 C cider vinegar
3 tsp minced onion

Combine all dressing ingredients until well mixed.  Just before serving, toss dressing with salad greens and strawberries.

3 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

I adore berry season. We have some fresh strawberries, but they will go on vanilla ice cream this evening. We also had some with peanut sauce at dinner. A salad would be wonderful too. Any way your say "beary" I will eat it.

Angela McRae said...

The straw-bear-y is adorable!

Winnie said...

That bear is too adorable! I am enjoying strawberries like crazy now. I make a dressing too, but will try yours as i love seeds and never thought to put them in my dressing. I am loving sorbet, I don't have to put anything in it except the berries after I freeze them and whirl them in my vitamix.