Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nature Journaling

Instructor, artist, and neighbor Patti VanBrederode shared with us the many aspects of Nature/Garden Journaling. Garden Journaling tends to be more exact, notes on when you planted or harvested certain crops. It might include empty seed packets, and plant labels Nature journaling is more personalized and covers feelings, inspirations as well as leaves or feathers. It might include also wildlife sightings and can certainly include all the information you would put in a garden journal as well. Patti shared her journal with us which includes dreams for her garden and her family. She was encouraging in having us journal to value our thoughts, connect with the Earth, be inspired by what we notice and much more.Patti urged us to journal in anything or on anything a book, index cards, what ever. The important part is to start! No time like the present!

5 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

A contemporary version of an Edwardian Lady.

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

We have natured journal for years with home schooling...love it...I hope I will continue on with it after the schooling days are over!! TX for sharing...wish I could come!

Angela McRae said...

I love all kinds of journals and journaling, so this is right up my alley! Thanks!

Marilyn Miller said...

I love Patti's idea of journaling. I will share this idea with my gardener husband.

Corinne said...

When I get the chance to have a garden inside or out I always journal on it and my thoughts at that time. I find it very soothing and then years later go back and read it; it is most enlightening. Thanks for sharing
Corinne