Monday, July 11, 2016

Humble Beginnings

The following is a Guest Post from Intern Molly Sams:

So as many of you know I have moved out of the homestead of The Essential Herbal Magazine and into a nice home in downtown Lancaster. As you can imagine I am in love with our new place and was thrilled to have a sunny  stoop to be able to start a container garden.

 In early spring I began collecting random pots for containers and when it seemed almost warm enough I went through the new plants Susanna had and began picking up budding plants here and there for my garden.

So far I have a little lavender, lemon balm, garlic, and rosemary. It may be small but these plants are already showing their true colors. The lemon balm is my wild child, garlic is taking its time, lavender is staying strong, and rosemary wafts to me every time I head out back. It is small but absolutely exciting. I plan to grow (as soon as I find more pots) some holy basil, chamomile, and calendula. Wish me luck!

If you want an update on how the garden grows, follow this link to the Essential Herbal blog where Molly shares the latest on her little herb garden.

2 comments:

Bernideen said...

I love your pot collection here and mixed together collection of herbs! The smell would be heavenly!

Marilyn Miller said...

Good luck with the container gardening. How fun to be planning holy basil.